Call us now:
Major depressive disorder is a serious condition which thankfully responds well to counselling treatment.
Each person’s depression is unique to a particular individual, but all symptoms of major depressive disorder can be effectively treated through counselling.
If you think you have major depression and want the best help to get your life back on track, then call Stockport Counselling Services now on 01612851925 for a confidential chat about how we can help you on your road to recovery.
Major depressive disorders affect a large percentage of the population at some point in their lives, and are nothing to feel ashamed about, nor be reluctant about seeking counselling help.
Diagnosing Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder can be called many things – clinical depression, unipolar depression or simply major depression – but is not characterised by manic episodes.
Because every person’s major depression can take different forms, there’s no one fixed symptom suggesting major depressive disorder.
Instead, there are a number of physical and mental symptoms which a person may experience to different degrees at different times.
Some Common Symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder:
- Sleeping problems – getting to sleep or maintaining sleep or sleeping too much
- Loss of appetite or over-eating
- Loss of interest in sex
- Loss of interest in usual pastimes
- Persistent fatigue, poor concentration or indecisiveness
- Recurrent thoughts or preoccupation with death or suicide
- Persistent low feeling and low mood
- Physical aches, pains or headaches for no good reason
- Isolating yourself from friends or/and family
Diagnosis of major depressive disorder comes from listening to how a person is thinking and feeling.
Rather than being a temporary episode, major depressive disorder is when feelings of loss, frustration, ‘low-ness’, futility or anger become entrenched and persistent in a person’s life, and can’t be attributed to a temporary reaction to a life-event.
The hardest thing when you are suffering from a major depressive disorder is getting the strength to seek help.
Yet, getting counselling help for major depression is about the best thing a person can do, as GP’s agree that counselling is one of the most effective treatments for major depressive disorders.
Major Depressive Disorder Counselling
‘Talking’ treatments such as counselling are key to beating or modifying major depressive disorder.
At Stockport Counselling Services, you receive experienced and expert counselling for major depression from a trained integrative therapist, who will adopt the best approach to making you feel better.
A caring and supportive partner such as a trained counsellor helps you to step back and look at patterns of thoughts and behaviours which contribute to major depressive disorder.
As well as learning mechanisms to help improve your mood, there is an effort to unearth the causes of your major depression, and what triggers depressive episodes in everyday life.
While you may feel without hope and be overwhelmed by sadness or feelings of pointlessness, there is real prospect for change through counselling.
All it takes is a phone call to Stockport Counselling Services, and we can have a confidential chat about how you’re feeling, and what can be done to help.
We have seen numerous people in the past, and helped broker new beginnings, freeing them from major depressions that have often dogged them for years.
Counselling for major depression disorder can help with any of the following and so much more:
- Understanding your relationships, how to build better relationships or form new relationships
- Setting boundaries in work or life which stop you feeling overwhelmed or stressed
- Coping with the problems in life that come our way, such as relationships ending, friendships failing, losing loved one’s or digging oneself out of the rut you feel that you are in.
- Counselling treatment can make a major difference to major depression.
Take the first step towards improving the rest of your life by calling Stockport Counselling Services now on 07825 599794